Sunday, February 9, 2014

Reflecting on What You Have Learned


11.     I am pleased that I interpreted a small thing happened in my childhood and I used many details to describe my story. Actually, in the beginning, I tried to think about some very important thing happened in my life. However, when I read An American Childhood which interprets an interesting small story in author's childhood, I found I do not need to write some shock events in my life. Life is always peace and ordinary, but we always learn a lot from these common things. By reading some autobiography in the book, I realized details are very important for interpreting stories. Details make story more vivid and substantial, and help readers understand what authors want to express and arouse sympathy. Thus, I used details to expand childhood story. For example, I described the scene my friends and I lighted a fire and roasted sweet potato; I used many verbs to state the action I collected firewood.
22.    I interpreted the significance of the event and person in terms of my own feelings. For example, when I referred to why boys liked to play with me, I just judge it in my own feelings and value. When I stated what happened after my foot was inserted a stem, I also wrote in my own view. But when I read others’ autobiography, I always pay attention to what gender the writer is and what the write’s job is. Because I can understand their autobiography better after I know their background. I think I learned to interpret the significance of people’s stories more from school. Teachers always teach us how to analyze the relations of people in articles and how important the analysis process is.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment